2018 Canton Film Contest
“Resilience in the simplest context is the ability to overcome serious hardship.”
Building resilience — the ability to adapt well to adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or even significant sources of stress — can help youth manage stress and feelings of anxiety and uncertainty. However, being resilient does not mean that youth won't experience difficulty or distress. Emotional pain and sadness are common when we have suffered major trauma or personal loss, or even when we hear of someone else's loss or trauma.1
The intent of these short, 1-2-minute videos, is that these positive videos will encourage youth and promote resilience, healing, and hope in student peers in light of the challenges that the Stark County community has experienced over the past school years.
Submissions will be screened at Canton Film Festival 7, on April 28th, winning videos will be decided by audience voting.
- Create a 1-2 minute PSA expressing your vision of resilience.
- You must be a resident of Stark County, Ohio.
- Entries must be submitted @ Filmfreeway.com/CantonFilmFestival2018
- Entries must be submitted by April 20th, 2018.
- Original and licensed music will only be accepted.
- Any prizes or awards will be presented to the person or entity who submitted that entry.
- Prize will be announced by April 20th, 2018 on cantonfilm.com.
Additional Guidelines for what will disqualify a video:
- No stage blood
- No weapons
- No copyrighted music or images
- No brand names on clothes, cars, props, restaurants, etc.
- No license plate numbers
Additional information on can be found here: http://workforce.mha.ohio.gov/Portals/0/assets/Professionals/Ohio-Suicide-Reporting-Guidelines.pdf